Days Underway: 23 days
Water Consumed: 100 gallons
Food Consumed: 35% of original stores between Norfolk and Flores. (a separate blog will appear on provisioning)
Diesel consumed: 23 gallons
Gasoline consumed: 6 gallons
- Ground Fault on entire electrical system - took 2 days to locate and replace faulty connector
- antenna failure on SSB - fought daily to keep the system working. Seems fine now that I have replaced the coax from transmitter to tuner.
- End Stop on Staysail traveller failed and flew into ocean - rigged rope preventer tied to handrail, need machine shop to fabricate new part.
- exhaust hose failed at thru hull - temp fix by cutting out bad bit and reconnecting. Replace when get to Europe
- Windvane has lost its rigidity and needs tightening. Examining the exploded diagrams to determine what to tighten and how
- batten on main - flew into ocean and sank. will replace in Horta
Most Fun Event: The school of fish that adopted us as their leader and sailed with us drafting under our hull for 5 or 6 days.