Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Movie NIght

2011 01 25
North Lake Worth (America's Richest Zip Code)
Still Free, Still Broadcasting Songs Deemed Unacceptable for Canadians

Day Two of 20 knot plus winds

We have fallen into a solipsistic funk.  Nothing exists beyond the bulkheads of our sturdy boat.  The universe has lost all meaning, shrunken as it is to the interior volume of our little vessel. 

Last night we got drunk just for something to do.  Today we have this darn tornado watch.  No drinking.l  Since dropping anchor in the shallow Lake Worth we have not inflated the dinghy.  No point.  We sit here attempting to amuse ourselves without resort to companions or conversation.

Until recently I enjoyed the interior of my boat.  It was peacefully dim.  When I explained this to the BC she giggled and told me she understood now why I liked it so much: she had no idea how much it and I had in common. 

In our brave attempt to remain sane we run a bunch of mind games.  Right now we are listing memorable phrases from the movies and organizing them into coherent conversations.  Examples:


Navigation:

If we get lost we'll just pull in somewheres and ask directions.

Explain to everyone how you know we have arrived, Captain Ron.

Houston, we have a problem.

I don't think we are in Kansas anymore, Toto.

The Truth.  You Can't Handle the Truth.

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.

I'll blast every motherfucking last one of you.

Stay Cool Charly.


Adequacy of Stores:


I don't eat dog either.

Soylent Green is people!

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

And I'll never go hungry again.


Strangers in a Strange Land:

Every breath a deposit in the bank of good health.

I hate snakes.

Nice Dog,  Are you a whiner.... or do you bite.

Does Your Dog Bite?

Hasta la vista, baby.




I'll be bach.

You get the idea.  It's better than counting cows.  More fun after a few rounds (of drinks you clown).  Give it a shot.  We can develop a list of lists.

Dailing in a new FM frequency to once again broadcast Money for Nothing as I write this.

No comments:

Post a Comment